Monday, April 4, 2011

Is abortion ever acceptable?

-------------------------------------------------
FROM THE 40 DAYS FOR LIFE BLOG
-------------------------------------------------

"I want to thank my mother, who did not succumb to the pressure to abort me after being raped 30 years ago," said this 40 Days for Life participant.

"Today, she chokes up with emotion whenever she tells me how special and important I am to her life! Praise God!"

I simply cannot imagine what that pressure would have been like. This is one of the so-called hard cases where
abortion is somehow deemed acceptable.

But as this woman's life shows, this is not about statistics or "difficult choices." It's about human beings.

"I am not perfect. But because I was given the chance to live, I can and do strive for holiness," she wrote.

"Thank you, pro-lifers, for recognizing AND reminding me that I am beautifully and wonderfully made in God’s image."

Abortion supporters, she said, "will have people like me think that we are monsters who must be punished for the
crime of our father.

I know what he did was wrong; but I pray for him and hope to see him in heaven as a repentant sinner."

------------------------------------------------
No. Abortion is never acceptable. Every child should be allowed to be born.

No comments:

Post a Comment